"... wanting to know something that you do not know is the creative process ..."
- Kyna Leski | The Storm of Creativity
From Jeong Kwan, a 60-year-old Zen Buddhist nun, featured in Chef's Table:
- "Creativity and ego cannot go together"
- "If you free yourself from the comparing and jealous mind, your creativity opens up endlessly"
- "Just as water springs from a fountain, creativity springs from every moment."
- "You must not be your own obstacle"
- "You must be able to freely move in and out of your mind."
- "This is freedom."
There is a core of clarity,
which does not act from anger
or greed or
sensuality, and a husk, which does
The powerful center that
listens within takes
in obeying that truth.
Nobility of spirit,
the true spontaneous energy
of your life, comes as you
abandon other motives
and move only
feel the majesty
and is the delight
of the self...